Infectious disease diagnostics involves identifying the presence of foreign antigen/organism using diagnostic tools such as kits. Most of the standard diagnostic test kits currently available are for bacterial infections and sexually transmitted diseases. However, in future these diagnostic tests are expected to be replaced by molecular techniques.
The global infectious disease diagnostic market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period due to increasing prevalence of infectious diseases, increased funding from various government and private organizations, and increasing demand for new diagnostic tests for the control of infectious diseases. However, factors such as stringent regulatory approval procedure for infectious diagnostic devices, emergence of molecular techniques and unfavorable reimbursement scenarios hamper the market growth.
The infectious disease diagnostic market is segmented on the basis of product, technology, application, end-user, and region. Based on product, the market is divided into instruments, consumables (assays and reagents), and software and services. On the basis of technology, the market is segmented into traditional methods and molecular diagnostics. Based on application, the market is divided into Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS), tuberculosis (TB), chlamydia trachomatis and neisseria gonorrhoeae (CT/NG), Human papillomavirus (HPV) infection and hospital acquired methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infection, and others (influenza, Ebola, typhoid, malaria, and dengue among others). Based on end-users, the market is segmented into hospital laboratories, reference labs, physicians office labs, academics and others (blood banks, local public health laboratories, home health agencies, nursing homes, point of care, self-testing). The market is analyzed based on four geographical regions, which include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market include F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, bioMrieux SA, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Danaher Corporation, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Cepheid, Alere, and DiaSorin S.p.A.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global infectious disease diagnostic market.
- Comprehensive analysis of regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities in the global market.
- This study provides the competitive landscape of the global market to predict the competitive environment across geographies.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations from 2014 to 2022 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided in the report.
- Region- and country-wise infectious disease diagnostic market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in the report to understand the regional trends and dynamics.
Infectious Disease Diagnostic Market Key Segments
- Software and Services
- Traditional Methods
- Biochemical characterization
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- INAAT (Isothermal Nucleic Acid Amplification Test)
- DNA Sequencing & Next Generation Sequencing
- Mass Spectroscopy
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria Gonorrhoeae (CT/NG)
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) Infection
- Hospital Acquired Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) Infection
- Hospital laboratories
- Reference Labs
- Physicians Office Labs
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA