Medical sensors are devices that provide point-of-care analysis of indicationsby responding to different physical stimulus such as sound, pressure, heat, light, and any particular motion and the resulting impulse is transmitted for analysis. These devices convert physical stimulus into electrical signals. Medical sensors have high advantages in diagnosis, treatment, and management of diseases.
Medical sensors market is in emerging state due to increase in adoption of home-based healthcare services as it allows the home-based medical monitoring of the patients that reduces the burden to travel and wait for the physician. These medical technologies provide flexibility in healthcare management by early diagnosis that improves disease treatment. Also, introduction of new devices that offer faster analysis, at lower costs, and are user-friendly contribute to the market growth of medical sensors. However, factors such as inadequate reimbursements, and stringent government policies impede the market growth.
The market is segmented based on type, application, technology, and geography. Based on type, the market is divided intoblood glucose sensors, ECG sensors, accelerometers, motion sensors, pressure sensors, temperature sensors, blood oxygen sensors, image sensors, inertial sensors, SQUID sensors, and others. Based on application, the market is categorized into diagnostic, therapeutic, surgical, monitoring, and imaging. Based on technology, the market is classified into wearable sensors, implantable sensors, strip sensors, invasive/non-invasive sensors, and embeddable sensors. The market is analyzed on the basis of four regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Product launch, collaboration & merger, and acquisition are the key strategies adopted by market players. Healthcare giant such as NXP Semiconductors N.V has acquired Semiconductor Ltd., in March 2015 and LORD Corporation has acquired SKFs Fly-By-Wire Systems creating a high growth in medical sensors market.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Analog Devices, Inc., NXP Semiconductors N.V., STMicroelectronics N.V., Medtronic Plc., Sensirion AG, LORD Corporation, GE Measurement & Control, Smiths Medical, First Sensor AG, and Honeywell International, Inc. is also provided in this report.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the world medical sensors market is provided in the report.
- The projections are based on the current trends and future market potential in terms of value for the period of 20142022.
- Exhaustive analysis of the world medical sensors market by type, application, and technique helps understand the different aspects of medical sensors that are currently used along with the variants that would gain prominence in the future.
- Competitive intelligence of leading manufacturers and distributors of medical sensors interprets the competitive scenario across various geographies.
- Analysis of current research and clinical developments within medical sensors market is provided with key market dynamic factors that predicts the behavior of the market.
KEY MARKET SEGMENT:
The world medical sensors market is segmented as follows:
- By Type
- Blood Glucose Sensors
- ECG Sensors
- Motion Sensors
- Pressure Sensors
- Temperature Sensors
- Blood Oxygen Sensors
- Image Sensors
- Inertial Sensors
- SQUID Sensors
- Wearable Sensors
- Implantable Sensors
- Strip Sensors
- Invasive/Non-Invasive Sensors
- Embeddable Sensors
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Africa
- North America