The next-generation DNA sequencing (NGS) technology has made genome and RNA sequencing cost-effective, and can be frequently used as a tool for a wide variety of research applications. This technology uses the bioinformatics methods to support DNA sequencing for researchers and organizations, making DNA sequencing easier.
Factors such as reduced cost of sequencing with the use of NGS informatics, increase in initiatives from government to promote use of NGS in R&D, enhanced speed & flexibility offered by NGS, and continuous innovation & developments in the technology drive the growth of the global next-generation sequencing informatics market. However, lack of accuracy, precision, and standardization of the technology and dependence on government initiatives for the development of NGS technology hinder the market growth. Increased incorporation of NGS technology with other research programs and untapped market opportunities in emerging nations are expected to provide growth opportunities for the market.
The global next-generation sequencing informatics market is segmented on the basis of product, technology, application, and region. Based on product, the market is categorized into data analysis & management tool, NGS informatics services, and data interpretation & reporting tools. The data analysis & management tools segment is subsegmented into LIMS and computing tools. By technology, the market is classified into whole targeted re-sequencing, genome sequencing, de novo sequencing, exome sequencing, RNA sequencing, chip sequencing, and methyl sequencing. Applications covered in the study include diagnostics, drug discovery, biomarker discovery, personalized medicine, and agriculture & animals research. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
The key players operating in the global NGS bioinformatics market are Burhani Guards International, GENEWIZ, GATC Biotech AG, Biomatters Ltd., DNASTAR, Genomatix GmbH, Qiagen N.V., Illumina Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., and Partek Incorporated.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided, which helps to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help to understand competitive outlook of the global market.
- The report offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Exhaustive analysis of the NGS market by product and technology helps in understanding the types of technologies that are currently being used along with the variants that are expected to gain prominence in the future.
Next-generation Sequencing Informatics Market Key Segments:
- Data Analysis & Management Tools
- NGS Informatics Services
- Data Interpretation & Reporting Tools
- Whole Targeted Re-sequencing
- Genome Sequencing
- De Novo Sequencing
- Exome Sequencing
- RNA Sequencing
- Chip Sequencing
- Methyl Sequencing
- Drug Discovery
- Biomarker Discovery
- Personalized Medicine
- Agriculture & Animals Research
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA