Newborn screening helps in identifying symptoms, which can affect a newborns health in the long run, at an early stage. Newborn screening technology includes a series of tests essential for timely detection, early diagnosis, and health management, to prevent overall disability and avert death of a child. These tests are performed shortly after the baby is born, and detect genetic, developmental, and metabolic disorders in newborn babies.
The many benefits accrued to new born health along with various legislations and government mandates which demand the implementation of newborn screening programs are the factors that drive the growth of the newborn screening market. Furthermore, various government initiatives coupled with rising awareness of the screening benefits boost the growth of the market. Various technological innovations in the methods along with an expanding profile of newborn diseases will foster the growth of the market. Rising incidences of critical congenital heart defects (CCHD) will fuel the growth of the CCHD screening market. However, lack of infrastructure along with various socio-economic constraints may hinder the growth of the market. Screening of genetic disorders and various Asian regions offers significant growth opportunities in the market. Next-generation sequencing (NGS), is an emerging technology in the newborn screening market. Furthermore, digital microfluidics offers new growth prospects for the market. High cost of automation technology along with the stiff competition offered by small players is a key market challenge that needs to be overcome by key market players to grow in the market. Moreover, lack of a unified newborn screening policies & procedures across the globe is a key market challenge.
The report segments the newborn screening market on the basis of test type, technology, product type and geography. On the basis of test type, the market is segmented into dry blood spot test, hearing screen test, critical congenital heart diseases (CCHD) test. On the basis of technology, the market is segmented into tandem mass spectrometry (TMS) electrophoresis, immunoassays & enzymatic assays, DNA-based assays, hearing screen technology, pulse oximetry screening technology. On the basis of products, the market is segmented into instruments, newborn disorder screening instruments, newborn hearing screening instruments, hearing screening devices, hearing screening accessories, pulse oximeters reagents and assay kits. The newborn hearing screening instruments is further segmented into hearing screening devices and hearing screening accessories. On the basis of geography, the market is segmented into North America, South America, Europe, and Asia.
Key market players operating in this market are Ab Sciex LLC (subsidiary of Danaher Corporation), Perkinelmer, Inc., Waters Corporation, Natus Medical Incorporated, Masimo Corporation, Agilent Technologies Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Covidien Plc, Ge Healthcare (subsidiary of General Electric Company) and Trivitron Healthcare.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of current & future market trends, key market challenges and emerging avenues for the growth of market across the globe.
- The report offers latest technological innovations and the recent R&D developments.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The report offers detailed segmentation and analyzes the key segments in terms of market size by value and volume and country-level analysis to provide an in-depth understanding of the market.
- The report highlights the various government initiatives taken by different governments in major regions such as Japan, India and Philippines that will boost the growth of the market.
- Porters Five Forces analysis along with threats from new entrants is offered in the report along with highlighting bargaining power of buyers and suppliers.
- The report offers strategic analysis of financial status of key market players, and highlights market share of key vendors.
- The report offers information on the status of new projects in the pipeline along with offering investment feasibility analysis of the same.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- By Test Type
- Dry Blood Spot Test
- Hearing Screen Test
- Critical Congenital Heart Diseases (CCHD) TEST
- By Technology
- Tandem Mass Spectrometry (TMS)
- Immunoassays and Enzymatic Assays
- DNA-Based Assays
- Hearing Screen Technology
- Pulse Oximetry Screening Technology
- By Product Type
- Newborn Disorder Screening Instruments
- Newborn Hearing Screening Instruments
- Hearing Screening Devices
- Hearing Screening Accessories
- Pulse Oximeters
- Reagents and Assay Kits
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
Key Company Profiles
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- Ab Sciex LLC (a subsidiary of Danaher Corporation)
- Perkinelmer, Inc.
- Waters Corporation
- Natus Medical Incorporated
- Masimo Corporation
- Agilent Technologies Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- Covidien Plc
- Ge Healthcare (a subsidiary of General Electric Company)
- Trivitron Healthcare