Pen needles use injection pens to deliver injectable medications into the body. These devices contain a hollow needle with a plastic hub attached to the injection pens, which are of varying lengths and diameter. Injection pen and pen needles are an alternative drug delivery method to the traditional vial/syringe method. The global pen needle market is anticipated to register growth during the forecast period due to increase in the number of people suffering from diseases, especially diabetes and other illnesses.
The global pen needles market is driven by increase in the preference for pen needles over syringes and vials, growth in geriatric population, and inclination toward minimally invasive procedures. However, dearth of endocrinologists specialized in treating hormonal imbalances and conditions, such as diabetes, thyroid disorders, and others, impede the market growth. Furthermore, high prevalence of diabetes and rise in awareness among the diabetic population for easy delivery of drugs provide attractive opportunities for the market growth.
The global pen needle market is segmented based on type, needle length, therapy, mode of purchase, and geography. Based on type, it is bifurcated into standard pen needles and safety pen needles. Based on needle length, it is classified into 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, and 12mm. Based on drug therapy, it is categorized into insulin, GLP-1, and growth hormones. Based on the mode of purchase, it is divided into retail and non-retail. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and LAMEA further country level analysis of the regions is provided to determine the market size and forecast for each segment and sub-segment of the market in various countries across the globe.
The key players operating in the market include Becton, Dickinson and Company, Novo Nordisk, Ulticare, Ypsomed Holding AG, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Terumo Corporation, Owen Mumford Ltd., Allison Medical, Cambridge Sensors Ltd., Montmed Inc., and Stat Medical Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis of the industry from 2016 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players and their strategies have been thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
- Extensive analysis by product elucidates the types of pen needles used for delivering injectable medications.
Pen Needles Market Key Segments:
- Standard Pen Needles
- Safety Pen Needles
By Needle Length
- Growth Hormones
By Mode Of Purchase
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA