Portable ultrasound scanner is a wireless medical device that uses high frequency sound waves to emit an image of internal body parts of the person. Ultrasound is used in the most of the abdominal, gynecologic, obstetric, vascular, soft tissue, and other procedural applications.
Rise in prevalence of targeted diseases, increase in trauma and accident cases, preference for minimally invasive surgeries, and the rise of a geriatric population that has high risk of surgical procedures drives the portable ultrasound scanners market. In addition, various benefits of scanner such as low cost compared to traditional scanners, wireless system, potable, automated, maintain privacy, high quality transducer, reduction of diagnosis time, and effective usage in point-of-care and remote diagnosis are anticipated to fuel the market growth. Moreover, increase in investments in healthcare infrastructure by the government & private sector are anticipated to fuel the market growth. However, significant levels of government rules & regulations, and lack of skilled personnel are the major barriers for the growth of the market. Emerging economies such as India, China, Mexico, and Brazil are anticipated to create new opportunities during the forecast period.
The market is segmented on the basis of technology, application, portable types, and region. Based on technology, the market is categorized into 2D, 3D, and 4D ultrasound, Doppler ultrasound, and high-intensity focused ultrasound. Based on application, the market is segmented into radiology/general imaging, obstetrics/gynecology, cardiology, urology, vascular, FAST, and others. Based on portable types, the portable ultrasound scanners market is classified into laptops, hand-carried systems, and handheld or hand-operated systems. On the basis of end user, the market is divided into hospitals and diagnostic & surgical centers, maternity centers, ambulatory care centers, research and academic institutes, and others. By region, it is analysed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help stakeholders capitalize on prevailing market opportunities from 20172023 in terms of value.
- Extensive analysis of different segments helps understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Portable Ultrasound Scanners Market Key Segments:
- 2D Ultrasound
- 3D and 4D Ultrasound
- Doppler Ultrasound
- High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound
- Radiology/General Imaging Applications
- Obstetrics/Gynaecology Applications
- Cardiology Applications
- Urology Applications
- Vascular Applications
- FAST Application (Focused Assessment with Sonography for Trauma)
- Other Applications
By Portables Types
- Hand-Carried Systems
- Handheld or Hand-Operated Systems
By End User
- Hospitals and Diagnostic & Surgical Centers
- Maternity Centers
- Ambulatory Care Centers
- Research and Academic Institutes
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- General Electric Company
- Samsung Group
- Siemens Healthcare
- Signostics Inc.
- SonoSite, Inc.
- Mindray Medical International Limited
- Shenzhen Well.D Medical Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Fukuda Denshi Co., Ltd.
- Toshiba Corporation
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.