The switching electronic circuits are called as power electronics, and are used to control the flow of energy. Power electronics are also considered in conversion of electric power, in which the power electronic circuit uses semiconductor devices such as diodes, transistors, and thyristors.
Growth in concerns towards use of clean and renewable sources of energy, drive the market. Electric cars run on renewable and clean energy, making it more viable for the growth in the near future. However, the lack of infrastructure for recharging the vehicle and the inability to cover a long distance on one recharge restraint the market growth. Entry of government and the worlds leading entrepreneurs into such forms of vehicle to make it economical and more efficient presents a major opportunity for expansion.
The power electronics for electric vehicles market is segmented based on type, application, vehicle type, and geography. The type segment includes power IC, power module, and power discrete. The applications covered in the report are HEV, BEV, PHEV and FCEV. The vehicle type is segmented based on the terrain, and includes ground vehicles, airborne vehicles, seaborne vehicles, and electrically powered spacecrafts.
The region-wise segments of the market are North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. The key players profiled in the report are Alstom, Fairchild Semiconductor International, Freescale Semiconductor, Microsemi, NXP Semiconductors N.V., Rockwell Automation, Inc., Stmicroelectronics NV, Taiwan Semiconductors Manufacturing, Texas Instruments, and Vishay Intertechnology Inc.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends, dynamics, and estimations for the key market segments in the global power electronics for electric vehicles market from 2017 to 2023.
- Exhaustive analysis of the market by type, vehicle type and application helps to understand the current trends in use and the variants that are expected to gain prominence in the future.
- This report presents competitive intelligence of the market to understand the competitive scenario globally.
Power Electronics For Electric Vehicles Market Key Segmentation:
- Power IC
- Power Module
- Power Discrete
- Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEV)
- Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV)
- Plug-in Hybrid Vehicles (PHEV)
- Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle (FCEV)
By Vehicle Type
- Ground Vehicles
- Airborne Vehicles
- Seaborne Vehicles
- Electrically Powered Spacecrafts
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Fairchild Semiconductor International
- Freescale Semiconductor
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- Stmicroelectronics NV
- Taiwan Semiconductors Manufacturing
- Texas Instruments
- Vishay Intertechnology Inc.