Protein engineering can be defined as the modification of protein structure with recombinant DNA technology or chemical treatment to serve a desirable function and better use in medicine, industry and agriculture. Preference for protein-based drugs to non-protein-based ones along with reduced overall timeline and lower cost for drug discovery are the factors that are likely to drive the protein engineering market. High prevalence rate of lifestyle diseases along growth in funding for protein engineering. High cost of tools and instruments used in protein engineering techniques are the factors that drive the growth of the market. The demand of protein engineering developing countries coupled with preference of protein therapy over gene therapy along with the expiry of blockbuster biologics drugs in the near future. Lack of qualified researchers are the factors that offer abundant growth opportunities in the market.
The report segments the market on the basis of products, technology, protein type, end-user, and geography. On the basis of products, the report segments the market into instruments, reagents and services and software. On the basis of technology, this market is segmented into rational protein design and irrational protein design. Based on protein type, the market is segmented into monoclonal antibodies, insulin, erythropoietin, interferon, colony stimulating factor, growth hormones, coagulation factor, vaccines and others which include interleukins, follicle stimulating hormones, enzyme replacement. On the basis of end-users the market is segmented into academic research institutes, pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies and contract research organizations. On the basis of geography, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key market players in this market are Agilent Technologies, Inc, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc, Bruker Corporation, Danaher Corporation, General Electric, Perkinelmer, Inc, Genscripts Usa, Inc., Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific and Waters Corporation.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of current & future market trends, key market challenges and emerging avenues for the growth of this market across the globe.
- The report offers latest technological innovations and the recent R&D developments.
- The report offers an insight into competitive landscape in terms of new technological developments, untapped segments, and value chain analysis.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The report offers detailed segmentation and analyzes the key segments in terms of market size by value and volume and country-level analysis to provide an in-depth understanding of the market.
- Porters Five Forces analysis is offered in the report along with highlighting bargaining power of buyers and suppliers.
- The report offers strategic analysis of financial status of key market players, and highlights market share of key vendors.
- The report offers information on the status of new projects along with offering investment feasibility analysis of the same.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- Services & Software
- Rational Protein Design
- Irrational Protein Design
By Protein Type
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Colony Stimulating Factor
- Growth Hormones
- Coagulation Factor
By End User
- Academic Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Contract Research Organizations
- North America
- Key Company Profile
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Bruker Corporation
- Danaher Corporation
- General Electric
- Perkinelmer, Inc.
- Genscripts USA, Inc
- Sigma-Aldrich Corporation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Waters Corporation