Satellite modem is an electronic device used to transmit and receive signals from a satellite transponder. These transponders receive signals over a range of uplink frequencies sent from ground stations. The key advantage of using satellite modems is that they provide seamless communication, thereby benefiting various businesses.
Increase in need for enriched data communication, and rise in the demand for solutions that can help in vehicle tracking, asset monitoring, and fleet management drive the market growth. Moreover, rapid advancements in technology further fuel this growth. However, high cost of these devices restrains the growth. The conjunction of satellite and terrestrial mobile technology presents an opportunity for market expansion.
The global satellite modems market is segmented on the basis of network device, technology, vertical, and region. Based on network device, it is bifurcated into gateway and satellite IP terminals. The technology segment includes VSAT and satellite telemetry. On the basis of vertical, the market is divided into transportation & logistics, agriculture, oil & gas, and others. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key players operating in this market are Newtec, Iridium Communications Inc., C-DOT, Thuraya Telecommunications Company, VT iDirect, Inc., Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd., ViaSat Inc., Teledyne Paradise Datacom, Hughes Network Systems LLC, and Comtech EF Data Corporation.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global satellite modems market and current & future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Information about the key drivers, restrains, and opportunities and their impact analysis on the market size are provided.
- Porters Five Forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers operating in the industry.
- The quantitative analysis of the market from 2017 to 2023 is provided to determine the market potential.
Satellite Modems Market Key Segments:
By Network Device
- Satellite IP terminals
- Satellite Telemetry
- Transportation & Logistics
- Oil & Gas
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Latin America
- Middle East
Key Market Players Profiled In The Report
- Iridium Communications Inc.
- Thuraya Telecommunications Company.
- VT iDirect, Inc.
- Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd.
- ViaSat Inc.
- Teledyne Paradise Datacom
- Hughes Network Systems LLC
- Comtech EF Data Corporation