The Storage as a Service (SaaS) is a recent business process model. It involves renting the storage infrastructure of large companies to small companies or individuals. This is largely beneficial for SMBs as these businesses can eliminate the hardware costs required to maintain their storage facility. Usage of storage as a service model is cost effective and reduces risks in disaster recovery. This is the major advantage of the business process model
Increased need for cost effective business process majorly drives the market. In addition, rise in need for data archiving further fuels the market growth. However, bandwidth and interoperative issues hinder the growth of the market. The emergence of cloud-based storage gateways and increased adoption of archive as a service provides development opportunities.
The global storage as a service market is segmented on the basis of service type and region. The service type segment includes cloud backup, cloud archiving, stand-alone, and platform-attached storage. Based on region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key players operating in this market are Amazon Web Services, Inc, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP, IBM, Internap, Rackspace, Microsoft, SoftLayer Technologies. Inc, APTARE, Inc., Hitachi Data Systems Corporation, and Buffalo Americas, Inc
Key Benefits :
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global storage as a service market and current & future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Information about the key drivers, restrains, and opportunities is provided.
- Porters Five Forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers operating in the industry.
- The quantitative analysis of the market from 2017 to 2023 is provided to determine the market potential.
Storage as a Service Market Key Segments:
By Service type
- Cloud Backup
- Cloud Archiving
- Stand-Alone and Platform-Attached Storage
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Latin America
- Middle East
Key Market Players Profiled In The Report
- Amazon Web Services, Inc
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP
- SoftLayer Technologies. Inc
- APTARE, Inc.
- Hitachi Data Systems Corporation
- Buffalo Americas, Inc