Vascular Graft Market Overview:
Global Vascular Graft Market was valued at $4,192 million in 2016, and is expected to reach $6,218 million by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2017 to 2023. A vascular graft is a medical device that acts as an artificial blood vessel. They are implanted in the patients with blocked blood vessels to redirect the flow of blood from one area to another. This restores normal flow of blood within the body.
Rise in incidence of vascular disorders, high blood sugar, hypertension, and other risk factors that lead to blockage of blood vessels drive the growth of the vascular grafts market. In addition, increase in geriatric population, technological advancements, and changes in life style (consumption of junk food, tobacco, and alcohol) are also expected to boost the market growth. However, high cost of treatment, and complications associated with prosthetic grafts restrain growth. Increase in awareness for vascular grafts and growth prospects in emerging economies of Asia-Pacific and LAMEA provide numerous growth opportunities during the forecast period.
Vascular Graft Market Segmentation
Endovascular aneurysm repair stent grafts was the major segment in 2016 and is expected to remain so throughout the forecast period. With the evolution of endovascular aneurysm repair, aneurysm treatment has become much more convenient for the patients as they form a minimally invasive alternative to open surgeries. In this regard, Medtronic developed Endurant II AAA Stent Graft System to treat AAA. This system is placed into the abdominal aneurysm to provide an alternative channel for the flow of blood. Medtronic also developed Valiant Thoracic Stent Graft to treat TAA. This device has shown exceptional performance in the treatment of thoracic aneurysms and has healed more than 65,000 patients across the globe.
Vascular Graft Market, by Product, 2016 (%)
Snapshot of LAMEA Vascular Graft Market
Surge in incidence of vascular disorders, end stage renal disease, and diabetes coupled with rapid growth in geriatric population drives the growth of the vascular grafts market in LAMEA. Moreover, increase in focus of the key players in this region and growth in healthcare expenditure per capita is expected to boost the market growth in LAMEA.
Saudi Arabia Vascular Graft Market, 2016-2023 ($Million)
The list of key players profiled in this report include B. Braun Melsungen AG, C. R. Bard, Inc., Cardinal Health Inc., Cook Medical Inc., Endologix Inc., LeMaitre Vascular, Inc., MAQUET Holding B.V. & Co. KG, Medtronic plc, Terumo Corporation, and W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
Other key players in the value chain include Cardiatis S.A., Jotec GmbH, Lombard Medical, Inc., and Nano Endoluminal.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Product and raw material segmentation analysis helps understand various types of devices and materials used to manufacture vascular grafts.
- Comprehensive analysis of all regions determines the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps understand competitive outlook of the global market.
Vascular Graft Market Key Segments:
- Hemodialysis Access Graft
- Endovascular Aneurysm Repair Stent Grafts
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm (TAA)
- Peripheral vascular graft
By Raw Material
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
- Polyurethane (PU)
By End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA