Wheat protein comprises protein ingredients that are extracted from wheat through different processes. Depending on concentration, the wheat protein market is segmented into 75% protein,80% protein, and 95% protein. Out of which,75 % protein concentrated products are found in abundance. Wheat protein helps to keep the body healthy, as it reduces the risk of cancer and heart disease.
Based on the product, wheat protein market is categorized into wheat gluten, wheat protein isolate, textured wheat protein, and hydrolyzed wheat protein. Wheat gluten is the majorly produced wheat protein and has various applications. The industry verticals such as dairy, bakery & confectionery, nutritional supplements, and animal feed widely use wheat protein. Out of which, the dairy industry holds the highest market share. In addition, dry form of wheat protein accounts for the larger share in comparison to liquid form of wheat protein.
Increase in usage of cereals and whole grains in the diet due to their multiple health benefits is anticipated to stimulate the demand of wheat protein market. One can expect that the wheat protein market can undergo substantial growth during the forecast period.
Covid-19 scenario analysis
- The outbreak of COVID-19 created ample opportunities for the immunity boosting health supplements.
- Decrease in the demand for animal-based protein can create significant demand for the wheat protein in the near future.
- However, owing to the impaired supply chain, the manufacturing units are witnessing huge loss.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Increase in number of health-conscious consumers is fuelling the growth of the wheat protein market. The shift of preference of consumers from the animal protein is driving the growth of the market, globally. The consumption of various other concentrated proteins causes overweight. Hence, wheat protein is the first preference among consumers to gain nutrition with low calorie. The popular nutrition powder producing company called Whey Protein uses the wheat protein, and is recommended by the gym trainers for the rapid growth of muscles and for fit body.
However, various symptoms of wheat allergy such as skin rash, sneezing, headache, and symptoms of asthma is a limiting factor of the growth of wheat protein market.
The global wheat protein market trends are as follows:
Rising trend in the animal feed
To provide adequate amount of protein to animals, it is widely used in animal feed, as it helps in enhancing the performance of the animals. In addition, wide applications of wheat protein in bakery & confectionary is creating a large customer base.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global wheat protein market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global wheat protein market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global wheat protein market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the global wheat protein market research report
- Which are the leading players active in the global wheat protein market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Wheat Protein Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Protein Concentration
Key Market Players
Crespel & Deiters GmbH & Co. KG, MGP Ingredients Inc., Manildra Group, Roquette Freres, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Kroner-Starke GmbH, Glico Nutrition Co., Ltd, CropEnergies AG, Tereos Group, Cargill, Incorporated