Flavor enhancers are substances that enhance or intensify the flavor of the food without imparting any characteristic flavor of its own. It is widely used in the food industry where it is used in processed & convenience foods, beverages, meat & fish products, and others. Monosodium glutamate (MSG) is one of the most common flavor enhancers used in the food industry. Other common flavor enhancers include acidulants, hydrolyzed vegetable proteins, and yeast extracts.
Changing lifestyle, which has led to an increase in the consumption of processed food where flavor enhancers are mostly used, has driven the flavor enhancer market. An increase in the consumption of low fat, low salt, and low carbohydrate foods, where flavor enhancers are used to intensify the flavor of this food has led to an increase in the demand for flavor enhancers in the market. However, increasing consumer awareness on health is a major restraint in flavor enhancers as they are made artificially. Development of natural flavor enhancers has led to new opportunities in the market growth.
The flavor enhancer market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and geography. By type the market is divided into acidulants, glutamates, hydrolyzed vegetable proteins, yeast extracts, and others. By application the market is segmented into processed & convenience foods, beverages, meat & fish products, and others. By geography it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the major players analyzed in this report are Cargill, Inc., Tate & Lyle PLC, Associated British Foods plc, Corbion N.V., Sensient Technologies Corporation, International Flavors & Fragrances Inc., Firmenich SA, Senomyx, Inc., Synergy Flavors, and Mane SA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market has been provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments helps understand various products of the market.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Flavor Enhancer Market Key Segments:
- Hydrolyzed Vegetable Proteins
- Yeast Extracts
- Processed & Convenience Foods
- Meat & Fish Products
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA