Organic Electronics Market Overview:
Organic Electronics Market is expected to garner $79.6 billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of 29.5% during the forecast period 2014-2020. Organic electronics market is in its early growth stage. Organics electronics find application in varied industries namely display, ORFID, OLED lighting, photovoltaics and others. Key factors driving the market are the need for reduction of cost, weight and power consumption of electronic goods. It is estimated that by the end of 2015, 130 million TV sets, 400 million PCs, 300 million tablets and 800 million smartphones would be shipped globally. Therefore, demand for flexible TFT would be very high. Similarly, the demand for other flexible electronic goods required in healthcare, government and other sectors would soar, and this would drive the growth of flexible electronics market.
Organic display is the largest revenue generating segment for the organic electronics market accounting to nearly 65% - 75% of the overall market revenue. OLED display finds application in laptops, tablets, T.V. sets, and lightings. Asia Pacific generates approximately 65% of the revenue for the global market due to the fact that APAC is home to almost 3/4th of the global electronics manufacturing industry which is the primary application area for organic electronics. The cut-throat competition among the LCD display manufacturers is the key reason for a boost in OLED displays market, just to gain product differentiation and competitive advantage in the market. Irrespective of its expensiveness, OLED displays have gained momentum and the advent of flexible OLEDs have proved to be a revolutionary approach by OLED manufacturers.
However, non-compatibility with conventional electronic goods and lack of robustness are the major restraints for the growth of the market. Some of the top companies profiled in the report are Fujifilm Dimatix, Inc., Bayer Materialscience AG, H.C. STARCK, AGC Seimi Chemical Co., Ltd., Sumitomo, Polyic, Heliatek, Novaled, Merck Kgaa, Evonik, BASF Materialscience AG. The key players can look forward for good revenue, as numerous companies across industry verticals are keen to adopt flexible electronics technology. Since this is an emerging market, it is expected that the key players would engage in collaborations and partnership to share expertise, instead of being involved in competition.
- The in-depth analysis provides market intelligence with respect to segments based application and geographies
- The detailed analysis of the top factors such as drivers, restraints and opportunities impacting the market growth in the short and medium term
- Value chain analysis provides key inputs on the role of all stakeholders of the market
- Porters five force analysis unveils the potency of suppliers & buyers, and threat of new entrants & substitutes
- SWOT analysis and recent developments of key players are included in the report so that companies can make desired changes to business plans to gain competitive advantage
- Estimations are done according to the current market scenario and projected future trends for the analysis period of 2013-2020 with base revenue of 2012
- The report discusses the trends and opportunities in various geographies so that companies can make region specific plans
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
MARKET BY APPLICATIONS
- OLED Lighting
- Photo Voltaic
- System Components
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America