The global bakery enzymes market size was valued at $448.3 million in 2020, and is projected to reach $975.3 million by 2030, registering a CAGR of 6.2% from 2021 to 2030.
Bakery enzyme is one of the categories of enzyme that is majorly added to enhance texture of dough, gas retention, and crumb softness to manufacture breads and other bakery products such as pastry and biscuits, to produce softness in cake making, and to mitigate acrylamide formation in bakery products. The bakery industry possesses high growth potential, and is anticipated to garner a remarkable position in the food processing sector. This is attributed to surge in demand for bakery items majorly bread, owing to busy lifestyle and increase in preference for fresh & ready-to-eat breakfast food. Surge in consumption of bakery products, especially the packaged variety, has increased the overall growth of the market, in terms of value sales. Rapid urbanization, increment in disposable income of population, rise in trend of bread & cakes among millennials, developments in bakery, and continuously changing buyer inclination drive the demand for bakery enzymes from the bakery industry.
COVID-19 impact analysis
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has shown a slightly negative impact on the market.
- The declaration during the COVID-19 outbreak regarding the shutdown of notable proportion of the bakery industry and food service industry has hampered the sale of bakery enzymes across the world.
- In addition, stringent lockdown forced manufacturers to cut down their production output, thus halting the production facilities. This, in turn, hampered the growth of the bakery enzymes industry in the year 2020.
- However, the bakery enzymes market is rapidly returning to its normal stage, countersigning a steady increasing demand, majorly from the bakery industry.
The global bakery enzymes market is segmented into product type, form, application, and region. On the basis of product, the market is classified into lipase, protease, and others. Depending on form, the market is bifurcated into powder and liquid. By application, it is segregated into breads, cookies & biscuits, cakes & pastries, and others. Region wise, the market is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia & New Zealand, South Korea, ASEAN, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Argentina, and rest of LAMEA).
On the basis of product, the others bakery enzymes segment accounted for the highest bakery enzymes market share in 2020. This is attributed to various advantages of these bakery enzymes including less energy requirement, reaction specificity, and stability of generated products. This, in turn, have escalated the demand for these types of bakery enzymes, thus contributing towards the growth of the market in terms of value sales. However, the lipase segment in the market is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period.
By Product Type
The others segment dominates the global bakery enzymes market and is expected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period.
Depending on form, the market is divided into powder and liquid. In 2020, the powder segment accounted for the highest market share in the market, and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. End users in the market, including the bakery industry and food service industry mostly prefer bakery enzymes in the powder format. However, the liquid segment in the market is expected to register the fastest growth during the forecast period.
The Powder segment dominates the global bakery enzymes market and is expected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period.
By application, the market is divided into breads, cookies & biscuits, cakes & pastries and others. In 2020, the breads segment accounted for the largest market share in the global market, and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. This is attributed to the high consumption of breads by consumers as convenience food all across the world. However, the cakes & pastries segment in the market is expected to register the highest growth rate during the bakery enzymes market forecast period.
The Breads segment dominates the global bakery enzymes market and is expected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period.
Region wise, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. North America accounted for the highest market share in 2020, owing to increase in consumption of bakery products in this region. However, Asia-Pacific is expected to grow at the fastest rate during the market forecast period.
The North America segment dominates the global bakery enzymes market and is expected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period.
Key players operating in the global bakery enzymes market focus on prominent strategies to overcome competition and maintain as well as improve their share worldwide. Some of the major players in the global industry analyzed in this report Koninklijke DSM N.V. , Lallemand Inc., Novozymes A/S, Maps Enzymes Limited , SternEnzym GmbH & Company KG , Dyadic International, Inc., Associated British Foods Plc. , Advanced Enzymes , BASF SE, and Kerry Group, PLC .
Key Benefits For Stakeholders
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current bakery enzymes market trends, estimations, and dynamics of the global market for the period of 2020–2030 to identify the prevailing bakery enzymes market opportunity.
- The key countries in four major regions have been mapped based on their market share.
- Porter’s five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders to make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier–buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the market segmentation assists to determine the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region have been mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global industry.
- Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of market players.
- The report includes both regional as well as global the bakery enzymes market analysis, key players, market segments, application areas, and bakery enzymes market growth strategies.
Bakery Enzymes Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
Key Market Players
DYADIC INTERNATIONAL, INC., ADVANCED ENZYMES, KONINKLIJKE DSM N.V, BASF SE, ASSOCIATED BRITISH FOODS PLC, MAPS ENZYMES LIMITED, STERNENZYM GMBH & CO. KG, NOVOZYMES A/S, LALLEMAND INC., KERRY GROUP, PLC
This section provides insights of top-level CXOs. The market players have adopted key developmental strategies such as product launch and partnership to drive the growth of the bakery enzymes market in terms of value sales. They emphasize on continuous improvement in their product to maintain a strong position in the market and to increase the demand for bakery enzymes in other industries including the bakery industry and food service industry.
According to the key market players, changing lifestyles and busy daily life routine are encouraging consumers towards convenience and healthy products. Therefore, manufacturers are investing in R&D activities and making a continuous effort to develop new enhanced ingredients for bakery products producers to help meet the increasing demand of consumers for improved products. Thus, this factor promotes the use of bakery enzymes in the bakery industry.
The CXOs further added that easy availability of substitutes is likely to hinder the growth of the bakery enzymes market during the forecast period.