Intragastric balloon is one of the endoscopic treatment indicated for obesity and is basically a modern weight-loss procedure. In this procedure, a saline-filled balloon is placed in individuals stomach, that helps in reducing weight by limiting how much an individual can eat. It also makes user feel full faster.
Increase in obesity is one of the major driver that accelerates the growth of global intragastric balloon market. As per WHO, in 2014, 39% of adult population (aged 18 years and above) were overweight and 13% were obese. Obesity has received considerable attention as a major health hazard as it leads to adverse metabolic effects such as diabetes, high blood pressure, coronary heart disease and ischemic stroke.
The other factors that drive the growth of intragastric balloon market are technological innovation in weight loss procedures & devices coupled with reduced cost associated with treatment, and preference for minimally invasive technique for weight reduction. However, risks of acute pancreatitis, damage to the esophagus and overinflation associated with intragastric balloon hampers the market growth. In addition, availability of insurance for weight reducing procedures and presence of skilled professionals provide lucrative growth opportunities to the intragastric balloon market.
The report segments the global intragastric balloon market on the basis of product, filling material, and end user. On the basis of product, the market is bifurcated to single, dual and triple intragastric balloons. In terms of filling materials, the market is categorized into gas filled and saline filled balloons. Based on end user, the market is divided into clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and hospitals. Regionally, the market is analyzed in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players of the intragastric balloon market include Apollo Endosurgery, Inc., Allurion Technologies, Inc., Helioscopie SA, Districlass Medical SA, Lexel Systems LTD., Obalon Therapeutics Inc., ReShape Medical Inc., Tulip Medical Ltd., Spatz Laboratories, and Life Partners Europe.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global intragastric balloon market and the current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents quantitative analysis of the market from 2016 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market based on product assists to understand the trends in the industry.
- Key market players and their strategies are thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Intragastric Balloons Market Key Segments:
- Single Intragastric Balloons
- Dual Intragastric Balloons
- Triple Intragastric Balloons
By Filling Materials
- Saline Filled Balloons
- Gas Filled Balloons
By End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA